Filmmakers Infuriated After YouTube Takes Down Trailer For Christian Movie

It can be hard to reach goals and keep resolutions — only about 8% of people keep the ones they make on New Year’s Eve — but for the makers and actors of “I’m Not Ashamed,” a new Christian film, the goal of promoting their movie out was hampered through actions out of their control.

Producers of the film are in the middle of a battle with YouTube, after the site took down their film’s trailer without any explanation.

The video is now back up on the site, but had been kept off for months. This damaged the marketing and publicity efforts for the movie, say many of those who were closely involved with its production.

“It’s 11 months we’ve been fighting this battle,” co-writer Bodie Thoene told FOX411. “They actually took down the trailer and would not permit it to be put up.”

She added, “[YouTube] would not give any explanation, no explanation whatsoever, why they… [took it down]…we’ve lost 11 months of being able to use social media freely. We feel it’s an interference with our freedom of expression.”

YouTube told FOX411 that amid the huge volume of media constantly being flagged on its site, that they sometimes “…make the wrong call on content that is flagged by our community. When this is brought to our attention, we review the content and take appropriate action, including restoring videos or channels that were mistakenly removed.”

The film, “I’m Not Ashamed,” follows the story of Rachel Scott, the first person who was killed in the infamous Columbine High School shootings. “The Columbine story is one that everybody’s heard but not everybody knows of Rachel Scott’s story and it’s a story that needs to be heard,” said Sadie Robertson of “Duck Dynasty,” who appears in the film.

The film will be released on October 21.

Comments

Contributor

This article was submitted by a contributor, and is for informative purposes only. Any views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of Christian Movie Connect.